Skip to main content

Lawsuit: Doctor died after eating at Walt Disney World resort restaurant; staff had confirmed food was allergen-free

·1 min

A lawsuit has been filed against Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant following the sudden death of a woman who had dined at the restaurant. The lawsuit alleges negligence on the part of the restaurant staff regarding the woman’s severe food allergies. The incident occurred in October 2023 at Disney Springs. The couple believed the restaurant would cater to the woman’s dietary needs but claims that the waiter assured them that certain dishes were allergen-free. However, after consuming the food, the woman experienced a severe allergic reaction and later passed away. The lawsuit seeks damages and highlights the need for better allergen safeguards.